Food, Fitness and Exercise
- Weight Lifting Myths Debunked: An excellent article from my favorite video star, Cathe Friedrich.
- Nutritionism, Your Health, and Your Money: A great article from Cheap, Healthy, Good that discusses claims of healthiness on boxes of food. I do little shopping in the center aisles of the grocery store - this is why.
- Five and a Half years and 551 Posts Later: One of my favorite blogs is shutting down! :(
- The Ten Most Economical Sandwiches: PB&J is the only one I like in the top 3.
- Behemoth Crumb Cake: When I first read this back in May, I just blindly bookmarked it without thinking about it. The photo looked yummy and I thought, "Hey, that's something I can maybe make to take to a party sometime and I can satisfy my urge to bake." Then, I was scanning recipes for something to bake and actually read the recipe. I still wanted to make it, despite how much fat it contains (1200 calories, 60+grams of fat). Then, I read the comments and felt guilty about wanting to make it. :(
- Cheesy Zucchini Pizza: I made this for dinner Thursday night. I can tell you that if you are looking for a delicious recipe for your extra zucchinis, this is a good one! YUM YUM YUM
- Why Target and Best Buy's Support of Anti-Gay Bigots Is Going to Change the Way You Shop Forever: Ok, this is a political thing and I don't want to preach my own political agenda here, but I do want to make sure that people are aware of the serious implications of the recent Supreme Court ruling regarding corporate donations to political campaigns. This is a very big deal. I don't care if you are for or against it, but please at least understand it and form an opinion.
- Sick Duck: An article from slate about recent accusations of Donald Duck groping women at Disney World. (If you don't read the article, you should know - it's probably not true)
- Silver Maple Jewelry: From Geek Turned Athlete. Ends 8/16.