This is one of my favorite recipes: Seared Chicken and Avocado
(I have some complaints about each and every one of these photos, but by the time I reviewed them, I'd eaten the subject)
|Ready to cut the avocado!|
|I love avocado.|
|Chicken is spiced and ready|
|Black beans make an awesome side dish, too.|
|The finished product.|
- Dice the avocado.
- Mix with green salsa to taste, I probably use about 1/4 cup.
- Add a dash of salt, some black pepper to taste, and 2-3 Tbsp of chopped cilantro. Or, I use 2 blocks of frozen chopped cilantro from Trader Joe's if I don't have fresh.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and mix this all together.
- Sprinkle 2-4 chicken breasts with blackened seasoning. I use Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Steak Magic.
- Heat 2-3 tsp of olive oil in a pan. Add chicken and sear on both sides (2-3 mins) on med-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until chicken is done.
- Top chicken with avocado mixture and serve!
If you loved this post and want to read more, Follow me on Facebook!