Here are the rules:
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people! I don't have 11 people to tag, sorry.
Part One: 11 Random Things About Me
- I don't like ordering a gyro because I want to pronounce it "JI-RO" and apparently it's pronounced "HEE-RO." I just can't come to terms with that. But, they're delicious.
- My sister Sharon once worked at a local theme park as a dancer in one of the shows there. I spent one summer blissfully going to work with her a couple of days a week and either hanging backstage, or in the lazy river, or by the wave pool. I didn't really ride rides, though.
- I chose Information Systems instead of Computer Science as a degree in college specifically because I did not want to be a full time programmer as a career. After college, I've spent my entire career as a programmer.
- The skin on the top of my right shoulder is dark in color as if it is a birth mark, but I wasn't born with it. It appeared in middle school and my only explanation for it is that was caused by carrying a heavy bookbag on only one shoulder (which was "cool").
- I've recently started playing World of Warcraft. I was convinced to do so by my co-workers.
- I once got in an argument with my sister Shelly over whether we were going to watch Footloose or Purple Rain. I wanted Footloose.
- I have an unnatural love of the movie Overboard.
- My dream race is to run the Big Sur Marathon.
- I have been getting my hair highlighted since 2001, and it seems the some people think I'm naturally a blond. Even with my highlights, I don't think I look blonde. My natural color is dark brown.
- There are very few things that I won't eat, but liver is one of them. Bleh, disgusting. I can't even smell it.
- I once met author Tom Clancy, but didn't recognize him. He is from Annapolis, and so am I. He came into the Suncoast Motion Picture company store where I worked and I sold him some laserdiscs (ugh, I am old). I did a hard sell on our frequent buyer program and I was trying so hard to convince him it was a good buy and was going to save him soo much money, that I didn't look at his credit card or anything. The thing is, I knew what Tom Clancy looked like and that he lived in the area, but it's not as easy to recognize an author as it as a movie or TV star, and when you're not expecting someone to be famous, you just don't pay attention. He did not purchase Clear and Present Danger, which was his latest movie for sale at the time.
And now Kandi's Questions:
- What is the last thing you took a picture of?
It's been a while, so I had to check my phone. It was actually back on January 15, I took this photo of Todd and our nephew Josh as I dropped them at the light rail. They were going down to the stadium to see the Ravens play in the playoffs.
- If you eat eggs, what is your favorite way to make them?
I usually just do your basic fried egg, but I also enjoy poached and scrambled. Like Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride, I also like Benedict. As Todd and I discussed earlier this week, I really hate soft boiled eggs.
- What is your favorite board game?
Apples to Apples!
- Do you prefer dogs, cats, or some other pet?
- Kandi's list has no number 5!
- Cake or pie?
Cake. Cake is one of the best foods in the world.
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Todd and I have discussed this so many times. If I had to keep my career, it would be Florida. If I didn't have to worry about finding a job, I would try the Caribbean such as Belize or Bonaire, or go crazy and move to Bali.
- If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I'm ready to take an African Safari.
- What is your favorite color?
- How many siblings do you have?
I have three siblings - two sisters (who are twins) and a brother. They're all older than me - my sisters are 10 years older and my brother is 13 years older than me.
- If you were invited to a wedding reception but not the ceremony, would you be offended?
No, I was invited to wedding reception but not the ceremony in 2006 and it was fine, although I didn't think it was clear to me that it was just the reception.
- you have the skills to go pro in any sport (except running/triathlons). what sport would you choose?
Oh, geez. Probably swimming because I'm enjoying that quite a bit.
- what is your favorite vegetable?
Hmmm.... I really love asparagus and mushrooms.
- they're making a movie about your life. what actor/actress would play you?
- last book you read?
I just finished Cutting for Stone . It was pretty good. Really long.
- last text message you sent?
I no longer have a text messaging plan. So, I try not to send them. The last one I sent was actually to Kitzzy telling her where we were at the Disney Marathon Expo.
- what is your favorite meal/recipe to cook?
I make this seared chicken with avocado that is fast, easy, healthy and impressive for guests. I make it all the time.
- do you prefer dusting or vacuuming? (and when are you coming to do my house?)
Neither! But probably vacuuming. I wish I had a Dyson. And whenever ;)
- if you could go on vacation to anywhere in the us or canada, where would you go?
I'd love to go to the Canadian Rockies, perhaps Banff.
- what something you love about where you live?
I love living out in the country like we do because it's quiet and beautiful and there are country things around - like awesome farmer's markets and a farmer up the road who makes his own ice cream and sells it out of his house.
- something you don't love about where you live?
It takes us an hour to get basically anywhere. My gym is 40 minutes away. My office is 35 minutes away. Downtown Baltimore? An hour. A mall that actually has decent stores? 45 minutes. We found out recently that it's 40 minutes to get to somewhere to send a FedEx package that is too large to fit in one of those self service boxes.
- what do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?
I imagine that I'm on vacation. In a hammock, perhaps in Little Cayman.
Ok, so if you want to answer this, go ahead! I am not tagging anyone or writing my own questions because this took me 4 days to write as it is.
If you loved this post and want to read more, Follow me on Facebook!